Monsters Ball 2001 movie

Woman: Evening, handsome.

Man: Hi, Lucille.
How you've been?

Lucille: Okay.

- Waitress: Evening, Hank.
- Hey, Betty, how's your mama now?

She's good.

Lucille: Here you go.

So...

How you been?

- Pretty good, and you?
- Pretty good.

How's Sonny?

He's all right, I guess.

Vera, how are you doing?

- I'm good, how are you?
- I'm good.

Here.

It's all right.

- You want a drink?
- Oh yeah, thanks hon.

Sonny: Wild Turkey.

Vera: I'm sore,
so go easy, darling.

Yes ma'am.

- Thanks, Vera.
- You're welcome.

Yeah.

What's the matter, hon?
You look so sad.

Sonny: I'm fine.

Hey?

You wanna get something to eat?

- Talk?
- Take care, Sonny.

Morning, Pop.

This shit's cold.
I'm gonna get some more.

Pop: What the hell are
those niggers doing out there?

I said something to you.
Did you hear me?

Yeah.

Damn porch monkeys.
Be moving in here soon.

Sitting next to me...
watching my TV.

There was a time
when they knew their place.

Wasn't none of this
mixing going on.

Your mother,
she hated them niggers, too.

Tell them to get
the hell off my property.

- You put that thing down.
- Boy: We came by to see Sonny.

I don't give a damn
who you come by to see.

Get them out of here
right now.

Hank: They're your buddies.
Tell them to get out of here.

What are you standing there for?

You watch your ass, all right?

- You got everything you need?
- Yeah.

- Hank: Be careful walking around.
- Yeah, yeah.

Man:
You see these two boys here?

They're my sons.

They were on my property.

No need to be scared of no little boys.
They ain't come to hurt you.

No need to be letting off no shotgun
to tell them to leave, either.

You understand?

Then keep 'em off my property.

They're friends to your son, okay?
He invited them here.

They ain't trespassing,
they ain't hurting nobody.

Man: Next time you wanna play cowboy,
I'm over here all the time.

Well, you keep them
off my property.

- I think you heard me, sir.
- I think you heard me too.

All right?

Come on boys, let's go.

Aw, shit!

- You're all right, Dappa.
- Yeah, I'm all right.

- You're sure?
- Yeah. It was loose.

Yeah.

Did you see what you did, Sonny?

Yeah, I'm sorry.
It was my mistake.

- Yeah, it was.
- It won't happen next time.

Let's just keep going
till we get it right.

That's none of your business.

- (more laughter)
- Woman: Woo!

I'm surprised you're
talking like that to me.

- You being a woman, you know?
- I'm a liberated woman.

Better watch out,
Georgia Ann,

Tommy's gonna sue you
for sexual harassment.

Georgia Ann:
Oh, that's okay.

Booter, how you doing?

Just give me the $2.50, Sonny.

I got it, Booter.

- You keep the rest of it.
- Thanks, Mr. Grotowski.

Hank: Just like I said,
no more mistakes, all right?

I wanna make damn sure nobody
makes any mistakes, especially you.

So when it gets time for us to do it...

you can't mess up.

That goes for me too,
and the rest of them.

You ain't no different then us,
you can't screw it up.

- (Dappa mumbles)
- Yeah.

- That's Hank's boy.
- Georgia Ann: It's in the genes.

Yeah, but he's a boy.

- Yes, he is.
- He will be a man tomorrow.

Man: In England, they give
the guy a party the night before.

They call it the Monster's Ball.

They don't want no lawyer, no preacher,
or anything like that around...

So, it's just you and me.

We can't think about what he did
or anything else about him.

It's a job.
We have to do our job right.

Man: I've been drawing a lot.
What about you?

Boy: Yeah.

Look here,
we ain't got a lot of time.

I'm going to give you
all my drawings...

all my clothes.

When you get older,

they may fit you and you may
want to wear them.

I'm not gonna
see you again after this?

No.

Why?

- 'Cause I'm a bad man.
- Who says?

I do.

But I want you to know something.

What?

You ain't me.

- Yes I am.
- No, you're not.

You're everything
that's good about me.

You're the best of what I am,
that's what you are.

This man you see sitting
here today, you ain't.

Hey, baby.
You look nice, today.

You always look nice.

Tyrell, did you tell your daddy
what you won at school?

Oh yeah, right.

My drawing's getting used
for the school magazine cover.

- You know what I did?
- What did you do?

Go on, just tell him.
Don't be playing no guessing games.

Tyrell:
I made a picture of you...

sitting alone...

in jail.

The theme was solitude.

Way to go, Ty. Way to go.
Put it there, boy.

Not too bad.

What's going on with the car?

It's leaking radiator fluid.

Take it in right away.
Have them check the hoses.

The car get too hot,
you're gonna be in trouble.

The house?

I'm losing it.

I can't afford to make
the payments no more.

Not no more.

Man: I'm sorry, baby.

Ty, let me and your mama
talk for a second.

Okay.

Man: Come on, now.

Only reason I'm here,
so you can say goodbye to your son.

Okay.

I been coming here
for damn near 11 years, Lawrence.

And I'm tired.

I'm tired of coming here.

- Officer #1: Time.
- So soon?

I got to get going, baby.

Time for me to go, Ty.

I'm gonna call you.
You wait by the phone, okay?

Come on now.
You got to let go.

Woman:
Come on, Tyrell.

For every time
I hurt you, I'm sorry.

Officer #1: Come on.

Officer #2: Ma'am, let's go.

Let's go.

Officer #2: Ma'am, let's go.

- (door closes)
- I know my way out of here.

Come on.

Hank: He don't have
any outstanding appeal, so...

looks like we're definitely
gonna do it tonight.

Everybody okay?

- You all right, Georgia Ann?
- I'm okay.

Hank:
Dappa, is that hood ready?

Yeah, it's fixed
and ready to go.

All right.

Anybody got anything to say?

Hank: Tommy?

Tommy: He likes to draw.
It calms him down.

Draw?

- Yeah.
- Okay.

Phil, will you make sure he's got
whatever it is he needs to draw with?

Yes, sir.

Hank: Tommy, why don't you
lead us in prayer?

Okay.

- Guard: Open cell 1 3!
- (buzz)

I'm here for your stuff, man.

Tommy: ...that the Lord
save us his anointing.

Ye will hear Him
in His holy Heaven,

and the saving strength
of His right hand.

Be careful with this.

Don't worry about it, man.

- Close 1 3!
- (buzz)

Worry's all I've got.

...some in chariots,
some in horses.

but we remember
the name of the Lord, our God.

They're brought down and fallen,
but we are risen and stand upright.

Save us, Lord. Let the King
hear us when we call Him.

TV host:
Sky surfing is when you skydive,

with a board attached to your feet,
and try to do different maneuvers.

A camera flyer flies
with a camera on top of a helmet,

filming the sky surfer...

and flies with the sky surfer
for capturing the moves.

My camera flyer is my husband,
Craig O'Brien.

Sonny: I'm gonna put
these on nice and loose.

Everything's gonna
be okay, right?

Yes, sir.

What about my last phone call?

Warden says it's a bad idea.

Turn around.

Maybe you could call my son
and tell him that I tried.

I don't think so.

Sonny: Okay.

- Open 1 3.
- (buzz)

TV host: Our freefall
is usually around 60 seconds,

and the normal altitude
we jump from is 1 2,500 feet.

Let's go.

- Hank: Close 1 3.
- (buzz)

TV ad: Starting to feel a little
cramped by your present surroundings?

Maybe it's time
to expand your horizons.

Maybe it's time
to think about ReMax.

ReMax Associates
lead the real estate industry--

I'm going to be right back.
Stay right there.

TV ad: ReMax can help you find
a new home that meets all your needs,

while selling your current house

to someone who will find it
absolutely perfect.

If you're looking for results,
look for ReMax.

Nobody sells more real estate.

Lawrence:
Where's my paper and pencil?

It's my right to have
my paper and pencil.

Hank: I know.

Your paper and pencil's
on the way.

I promise you it is.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Here you go, Lawrence.

Is that done?

Sonny: Let's see.

Wow.
That's nice.

It's real nice.

I don't look
this good in person.

- Thank you.
- You're welcome.

You're welcome.

You all right?

Sonny.

- Just breathe.
- Hank: Sonny.

Sonny, sit down.

I said, sit down.
Sit down.

Come on, Lawrence.
Come on, buddy.

Let's go.
It's all right.

Just let go.

- (Lawrence breathes heavily)
- Let go.

Let go. Come on.

Come on.

Lawrence:
I've always believed

that a portrait
captures a person...

far better
than a photograph.

It truly takes a human being
to really see a human being.

Wait a minute.

Come here.

What the hell is this,
Tyrell?

What did I tell you
about eating this shit?

Didn't I tell you
don't be eating that shit?

Look at this.
Look all this fat!

This fat ass!
Look all this nasty fat!

Where they at?!

Look at all this candy!

You ain't eating all this candy!
You crazy?!

Look at this room!
It's a mess!

Why is it a mess?
'Cause a fat piggy lives in this room!

Get your ass
on this scale!

Get on the scale!
What does it say?

- Tyrell: 189.
- 189?!

You ain't lost
no weight!

Come on.

Come on.

Let's go wait
for your daddy to call.

Warden:
It is ordered and adjudged

that the judgment
pronounced and set forth

sentencing
the defendant to death

in the manner and by the authorities
as provided by statute,

shall be executed
at this time.

Lawrence Musgrove,

do you have anything
you'd like to say?

Push the button.

Hank: Hey.
Do you know what you did?

Do you know what you did?

Are you listening to me?

Do you know
what you did?!

Do you know
what you did?!

You fucked him up!
You fucked up that man's last walk!

How would you like it
if somebody fucked up your last walk?!

You're like a woman,
like your fucking mother!

You shouldn't have done that,
you son of a bitch!

Get up,
you fucking pussy!

You are a piece
of fucking shit!

Do you understand me?!

- Easy, easy!
- Get your fucking hands off me,

- you fucking nigger!
- Hank! Hank!

- This ain't you!
- This is me, Phil! This is me!

And I'm the man
who could have your job!

Don't let me catch you touching
anybody that outranks you again!

- Do you understand me?
- Yes, sir!

"Yes, sir"?

- I don't want to hear you.
- I just keep the peace.

You piece of shit!

You got-- bleeding.

Sonny.

Get up!
Get out of my goddamn house!

You get out!
Come on!

You lousy piece of shit!

Get up!

What are you
gonna do, huh?

What are you gonna do?!

See? How do you like
that, huh?

Are you a tough guy now?
Are you tough?

Say something.

Say something!

Get up.

You hate me.

Answer me.

Sonny:
You hate me, don't you?

Yeah, I hate you.

I always did.

Well,
I always loved you.

Hand me the scissors.

Hold on a minute.

- Where are you going?
- I want to put these up.

- How much?
- That'll be $2.85.

Billy, I'm moving
as fast as I can.

I'll put this dress on
and I'll be right there.

- You don't need to.
- Damn car still acting up.

It's not just your car.
You've been late every day.

I've been trying.
I need this money.

- I'll lose my house.
- Look,

go home, relax.
Take some time off.

You shouldn't be here
right now anyway.

That's why you should have
given me the week off.

- With some pay.
- We already got a new girl.

Hank?

- Let's get this over with quick.
- Is there a passage

- You'd like me to read?
- No.

All I want to hear is
that dirt hitting that box.

He was weak.

You can say something if you want,
once we've covered him up.

- How are you doing?
- All right.

- You want to see a menu?
- No, I know what I want.

What you gonna have?

A bowl of chocolate
ice cream...

and a cup of coffee.

- Black, sugar, cream?
- No, black.

- That's it.
- Is that it?

Hey, Vera, it's Hank.

Is it too late?

Chocolate ice cream.
Here you go.

I'll take a plastic spoon
for the ice cream.

Oh, Goddamn!
Sorry about that.

- It's all right.
- Shit!

I didn't mean to do that.
I'm sorry.

Bring me some napkins
or something.

I'm sorry about that.
And you said a what--

Plastic spoon.

- Where's Lucille?
- I'm trying to fill in for her.

- Hank: I'm ready to pay this.
- Yep.

- (machine beeps)
- What's the deal here?

I don't know.
I just overrang this thing.

If you can't get it open,

tell me how much it is,
and I'll pay you for it.

$3.92.

Here's $4.00.
Keep the change.

Thanks.

Vera: Hey, cowboy, feel like
some late-night pussy?

Hank: I guess so.

Haven't seen you
in a while.

Yeah, well...

I ain't been
feeling too good.

Busy with this and that
and the other.

- How have you been?
- All right.

Good.

So how's Sonny?

I can't do this tonight,
Vera.

- Are you sure, hon?
- No, not tonight.

- I'm sorry.
- No need to be. Some other time.

All right.

You can keep that money.

Vera:
I'm going to.

Adios.

- Man: Have a seat, Hank.
- Thank you, sir.

I appreciate you seeing me.

Man:
What brings you here?

Sir, I'm resigning

and I wanted to come by
and tell you personally.

I appreciate that,
Hank.

Why don't we wait a few weeks
before we submit the paperwork?

That wouldn't do anybody
any good to wait on that.

I've got
my mind made up.

All right.

We're gonna miss you.

I brought
my badge in and...

- Why don't you keep it?
- I ain't got no use for it.

Hank:
There you are, Pop.

We got each other...

son.

- Remember that.
- Yes, sir.

I quit the team.

That was a mistake.

I can't do it anymore.

You're reminding me
of your mother.

I guess that's bad,
right?

Your mother wasn't shit.

That woman failed me.

I got more pussy
after she killed herself...

than I did when
she was living as my wife.

The point is...

she quit on me.

You're doing the same.

Leticia:
Goddamnit!

Let's go.
Hand me my purse.

Come on. Get out!

- Why, Mama, what's wrong?
- We've got to walk.

Tyrell,
get off that street!

You'll get yourself killed.

Don't do that!
Don't do that!

Hank: This is jim-dandy.
This is just what I'm looking for.

Hank: At the same time,
it's the most expensive one.

But if you're willing
to talk price a little...

Attendant:
We put quite a bit of work into it.

We could talk about it.

Hank: Let me think it over.
You have my number.

- Attendant: All right.
- It was a pleasure.

- Hank: Nice seeing you.
- Nice talking to you.

See you.

Come on, T.
Let's go.

That's what you think
your mama looks like?

Yeah, sort of.

- See you in the morning?
- Yeah.

- You too, young man.
- Bye.

Bye-bye.

Come on, T.
Get up!

Come on, T.
Get up!

Leticia: Help me!

Help me! Wait!

Wait!

Come back here!

Help us!

Please, help us!

Help us!

Come on, T.

Come on, baby.
Wake up!

Wake up!

- He was hit by a car!
- It's okay.

We need to get him
to the hospital.

Right now! Right now!

We'll need a gurney out here.
There's a kid. I think it's bad.

Hank:
We'll need some help.

Are you the boy's mother?
Please, follow me.

Is that your boy?

No.

Guard:
What happened?

I think
he got hit by a car.

That was his mother.

- She said he was hit by a car.
- Hit and run?

I don't know.
I picked them up--

Guard: I need you to file a police
report if it was a hit and run.

Hank: Shit, I don't even know them.
I wouldn't know what to write.

Guard: Just stay, tell the police
what you did and saw.

It'll be five minutes.

Wait!

Wait!
That's my baby!

Wait!
That's my baby!

That's my baby!

Hank: I know you're not
supposed to move people,

but I didn't know
what else to do.

The boy
was laying there...

and the woman
was hysterical.

I did the best I could do.
I just lugged him in the car

to come here as quick as I could.
That's what I did.

Detective:
You did a good job.

So you were
just passing by?

Yeah, I don't know
the lady at all.

Detective:
I'll give you my card.

We'll do a follow-up
if we get anything.

We might call you as well,
if we need to.

- That'd be all right?
- Whatever you need me to do.

I got your number
right there.

Is that it?
Can I go?

Yeah. Thanks.

Will that boy
make it all right?

No, he died.

Mrs. Musgrove,
I'll give you my card

and you feel free
to call me anytime

that you can remember
anything about this.

I'm so sorry.

Can I get something
to clean that off?

That's mine.

- Here's your purse.
- He's gone.

- My baby.
- Yes, ma'am.

He's gone. He's gone.

Will you
take her home?

I don't really know her.

- I'll take her home.
- That's a good idea.

Hank: Yeah,
I'll take her home.

Could you do me a favor
and throw that away for me?

- Yes, sir.
- I'd appreciate that.

Hank:
Where do you live?

Ma'am, you'll have to tell me
where you live.

Now, I'll go
in your purse.

I'm letting you know
I'm going in your purse

to find
an address on you.

You should call
some of your kin people

or a friend or something.

I'm going to have to go.

You gonna be all right?

They told me to call
the Coroner's Office in the morning.

I'm sorry?

They told me to call
the Coroner's Office.

They said
they gonna do an autopsy.

I don't know why
they'll do an autopsy.

He was hit by a car.

I imagine that'll help them
find out who did it.

You really believe
they'll do that?

I believe
they'll try their best.

He's a Black kid.

You think
they'll do that?

Here's your bag.
I'll leave it on the floor.

I'm real sorry.

Mr. Grotowski?

Just want to say
sorry about Sonny.

- We liked him a lot.
- We feel bad, sir.

Which one of you is Willie
and which's one's Harry?

He's Willie.

He's Darryl.

I'll see ya.
I appreciate that.

I'm going over to the cafe.
Do you want a ride?

You sure
you don't mind?

I'm going
that way anyway.

Is this music
all right with you?

- 'Cause I can change it.
- No, it's cool.

You ain't got a car?

It's broke.

I'm saving
to get me another one.

Leticia:
$8.64. Thank you.

Hank: Thank you.

You have
a good shift, okay?

Leticia: Thanks.

- Leticia: Thank you.
- You're welcome.

Hey, Pop?

- Look it here.
- What are those for?

I bought a gas station.

- That right?
- Mmm-hmm.

It's all bought and paid for.

- We own it.
- (Buck sneezes)

Don't say ''we.''
You own it.

I didn't buy it.

- Yeah, well...
- I wouldn't have bought no gas station.

Is that right?

I would have stuck
to what I knew best.

- What's that?
- Corrections Officer.

Right.

Well, I ain't
a Corrections Officer no more.

I'm a gas-station owner.

I already made the deal.
It's too late, Pop.

You want me
to fix you something?

No.

Hey.

Here you go.

How are you doing?

I'm doing all right.
Tired.

- You gonna eat something?
- Chocolate ice cream.

Plastic spoon.

You got it.

Thank you.

- You're all set?
- Mmm-hmm.

- About time for you to get off?
- Mmm-hmm.

Did you want me
to give you a ride?

No...

I really couldn't ask you
to do that.

It's right on the way home.

- You sure you don't mind?
- No, I'd be happy to.

Okay.

- Hank: It's right on Prospect Street.
- Leticia: Clement's?

- Yeah, Clement's.
- You bought Clement's?

Yeah.

Leticia:
I know Clement.

- I can't stand that man.
- He ain't going to be running it.

Leticia:
Well, that's good.

Thanks for the ride.

Can I ask you
a question?

Why did you help me?

- What do you mean?
- When you took us to the hospital.

Why did you do that?

I don't know. I guess--

I just--

doing the right thing,
I guess.

My son died.

And--

well, he--

he died and then--

I never was
a very good father.

He was a good kid.

I guess that somehow
I just--

when I see what you're going
through there

it made me think about something.
I don't know.

You know when you feel
like you can't breathe?

And you can't
get out to--

from inside yourself,
you know?

Really.

Do you want
to come inside?

I like these curtains.

I got these here curtains
on credit.

I never heard of anybody
getting curtains on credit before.

What do you think?
Ain't they cute?

I love these curtains.

Hank: They're good
and red all right.

I got--

I got these curtains right here
on credit.

And the man told me...

that I wasn't supposed
to get this deal.

But I think
he liked me,

and he told me I could have
these curtains on credit.

I said,
what the hell?

Red curtains
will be great for my place.

So I said,
I'll take it.

- So I got me some red curtains.
- Damn straight.

You sure suck
that whiskey down.

I mean,
Lord have mercy.

My husband used to love him
some Jack Daniel's.

Like I said,
it's a good drink.

- Wait. I'll show you something.
- Okay.

Sit right here.

What you got?
Some kind of a school annual?

No.

These pictures
right here--

these are my husband's
drawings right here.

Lawrence.

My husband,
he drew those.

He got himself electrocuted
over there in Jackson.

He got himself--

These right here,
these are my son Tyrell's.

He drew these.

He drew all of these
right here.

He got his talent
from the old man, I guess.

Didn't he?

That's the only thing
that negro ever gave that boy,

was some drawing.

Taught him
how to draw.

It runs in the family,
sounds like it.

You know...

he was a good kid.

He was
a really good kid.

He was so good.

He was--

he really--
he loved me.

He really loved me.

I understand.

He was so fat.

You saw how fat he was.

I don't care what
I brought in this house,

he just ate it up!

I don't care
what it was I brought in.

I bring
some Popeye's chicken,

that boy eat the whole thing
before I can get a bite!

He would eat
his ass off!

You haven't seen
nobody eat like--

He would eat candy
and gumballs.

He'd make me take him
to the Super K-Mart

and he put them quarters
in that gumball machine.

He had to wait
till he get the red gumball.

He always had to get
the red gumball.

He sounds like a character,
I guess.

He'd get
that red gumball

and he'd just eat
on that red gumball.

Hey.

I was a good mother.

I did-- every single thing
I can think to do--

I was really good.
I was really good.

- I was a good mother.
- I understand.

I didn't want him
to be fat like that.

I did not want my baby
to be fat like that,

'cause I know,
a Black man in America,

you can't be like that!
And I tried to--

I was trying
to tell him,

''You can't be like that,

you can't be like that
in America, and a Black man.''

I was just...

I'm not sure
what you want me to do.

I want--

I want you
to make me feel better.

I want you
to make me feel better.

I want you
to make me feel good.

I want you
to make me feel good.

Can you make me
feel good?

Can you make me
feel good?

Can you make me
feel good?

Make me feel good.

I don't know
what to feel good's about.

Just make me feel good!
Just make me feel good!

I felt it too.

I needed you.

I needed you so much.

I needed you so much.

I hadn't felt anything
in so long.

Leticia: Thank you.

You okay?

Me getting sick doesn't have
anything to do with you.

Pop?

Hey, Pop?

Buck:
I'm in the damn bathroom!

Hank: What the hell
happened to you?

I twisted my ankle
trying to take a bath.

Damn it,
I told you to be careful.

Buck: Goddamn!

Hank:
Wiggle your toes.

- You feel that?
- Yeah.

Yeah?

I'm sinking.

- What are you talking about?
- I ain't worth shit.

- You stop that.
- I can't clean myself.

Can't walk to the kitchen
without falling.

Can't get to the phone
before it stops ringing.

I don't feel
like a man anymore.

You're a man, Pop.

Can't even remember
what a woman smells like.

Girl:
There's a man here.

Man: Where?

Man: Thank you.

- How are you doing?
- Hey, how are you doing?

All right.

What can I do for you?

I got this '89 Comanche
out there...

it needs a lube job,
new points and plugs.

I was wondering
if you'd work on it for me.

Yeah.
When do you need it by?

Just as quick
as you can, really.

Maggie!

Leave that alone, baby.
Put that down.

I can get that to you
about tomorrow afternoon,

late tomorrow then?

I'd appreciate it.

Maybe them boys of yours can--
if they're not doing anything--

wash it and wax it
and everything?

I'm selling it.

All right.

I'll ask them.
I'll tell them about it.

I'm sure
they wouldn't mind.

I can't take this.

It was my son's.

It'd mean a lot to him.
He'd want somebody to use it.

I ain't saying
I don't want it.

I just can't take it.

I want you to have it.
I really do.

It'd mean a lot to me.

Let's just take it
for a little spin.

Come on.

- I ain't even got my shoes on.
- We won't go far. Let's go.

You see how it drives.

- What the hell is this?
- Stick shift.

Hank:
Here's the insurance and title,

and all the papers you need.
It's all set.

- Okay.
- I'd like to see you tonight.

- We should do that.
- Is that all right?

- I'll see you later.
- See you.

Hank?

Hank: That's good.

Hello?

Hank!

It's Leticia.

I'm coming on in,
Hank.

Hank?

Buck:
Who are you?

You just walked
in my house?

My bad.

- I--
- Hank?

- You're looking for Hank?
- Yes.

Is he here?

Who are you?

My name
is Leticia Musgrove.

And...

me and Hank is...

friends.

Musgrove?

Please,
little darling...

have you got
a cigarette?

Yeah.

But it look to me like
you don't need to be smoking.

Come on.

Have you got one?

Match?

So, is Hank here?

Yeah.
He'll be back shortly.

I'm Buck, his father.

Is that for Hank?

Yeah.

It's a gift.

I'll see he gets it.

Buck: Woo!

Damn!

Hank must have done
something right

to deserve
a fine hat like this.

I guess he did.

In my prime, I had a thing
for nigger juice myself.

Hank's just
like his daddy.

He ain't a man
till he split dark oak.

Hey, Leticia?
Hang on.

Where are you going?

Hey!
Where are you going?

- What happened?
- I met your daddy.

- Get off me!
- You can't do that.

Give me a chance.
Whatever he did--

It don't matter
a whole lot, do it?

- Give me a chance to talk to you.
- Get off me!

Buck:
We're family.

I'm your father.
Remember that.

Hank?

What's your problem?

- Hank: I believe that's it.
- Thank you.

I didn't date
that thing at the bottom.

No problem.

Anything below that line,
I didn't do.

Now, you will take
good care of him?

- Woman: Oh, yes.
- Hank: 'Cause...

I want him
to go out in peace.

You must love him
very much.

No, I don't.

But he's my father.
So, there it is.

They'll get you
a TV set tomorrow.

Finally getting rid
of me, huh?

They'll
take care of you.

There's a telephone at the end
of the hall. You can call me.

This is it.

I guess so.

I'm stuck.

Me too.

Buck: I don't want
to go out like this.

Me neither.

Goodbye, Pop.

What?

You want your car back?

No, I don't
want the car back.

I mean for you to keep that.

What?

I want you to know
I sent him away.

I ain't got time to talk.

I wish you would talk to me.

Y'all ready to order?

- Hank: How are you doing, Ryrus?
- All right. How are you?

- I'm all right.
- Who's Leticia?

My girlfriend.

Sheriff's Department.
Hello?

- Who's banging on my door?
- The Sheriff's Department.

- Time to go, lady.
- No, no wait.

- Time to go.
- No. Here.

No, I don't take
anything.

You settle with your landlord,
then I go away.

No,
I got the money.

I suggest
you get fully dressed.

- I'm going to put you out.
- You ain't putting me out.

I 'bout got the money.
I'm still saving--

I painted
the ceiling and the wall

and fixed it up
a little bit.

I figured I ought to.

I'll move your stuff here
so you don't have to worry with it.

I'm going to the kitchen
to get a thing or two

so if you want to relax,
make yourself comfortable.

Whatever you want to do.

- This is Tyrell's.
- I thought I'd put it up there.

That's my boy's room.

All right. Here.

You can go up
if you want to.

Can I look at these?

Yeah, go ahead.

That's him right there.

He don't look like you.

He got his mother in him.

Hank: I don't mind sleeping
across the hall if you want me to.

- Maybe you should sleep by yourself.
- No...

I wouldn't feel good

if you left me in here
all by myself.

I just want you
to be comfortable here.

I want you
to be comfortable too.

Hank:
I want to take care of you.

Leticia: Good.

'Cause I really need
to be taken care of.

Can I touch you?

Yeah.

Did you feel that?

Oh yeah.

Did it feel good?

Yeah.

I didn't hurt you
or anything?

Not in a bad way.

What?

Nothing, I just--

I want to go out
and buy some ice cream.

- Now?
- Yeah.

It just feels right.

- Okay.
- Well...

Can you buy me some?

Yeah.

What kind do you want?

Chocolate.

Hey.

I bought
some chocolate ice cream.

Are you okay?

You sure?

You look real pretty.

Let's go out on the steps.
You want to?

Let's go.

I went by our station
on the way home.

I like the sign.

I think
we'll be all right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Art

Search